There will be 21 winners of the TLS® Top 21 Sales Contest. 21 winners will receive a 1-day business-building cruise for themselves and 1 guest aboard the Utopia, JR and Loren Ridinger’s private yacht. This 1-day business-building cruise will include a special business-building seminar, lunch, and an evening reception (Approximate Retail Value: $1,000.00) (the “Prize”)!*
*The Prize does not include airline or other travel expenses, food expenses, lodging expenses or any other additional expenses incurred by the winners. Market America, Inc. (“Market America”) is not responsible for airline or other travel expenses, food expenses, lodging expenses, or any other additional expenses incurred by the winners.
All costs, including federal, state and local sales, income and other taxes, insurance, and other expenses not specifically identified above as included in the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winners. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption or substitution for the Prizes is permissible, except by Market America due to prize unavailability, and then a prize of equal or greater value (as determined by Market America) may be substituted.
Rules and Qualifications
1. Applicants must reside in one of the 50 United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Spain, Mexico, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong, and must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry.
2. Applicants must be UnFranchise® Owners (“UFO(s)”) of Market America, Inc., Marche Ameriques Canada Inc., Market (United Kingdom) Ltd., Market Australia Corp. Pty Ltd., Market Espana Powered by Market America SL, MA Built on Product – Powered by People S de RL de CV, Market Taiwan, Inc., Market_Singapore Pte. Ltd., Market Hong Kong Ltd., or MA Global, Inc. (collectively “Market America”, “MA”, or “Company”) and must meet all other qualifications.
3. UnFranchise Owners who are currently involved in Company's corrective action process are not eligible to participate.
4. Employees and contractors of Company, its subsidiaries, licensees, agencies, affiliates, and members of their immediate families (spouses and parents, siblings, children and their spouses, and in-laws) and persons living in the same household of such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible.
5. The contest will run from 12:00 am EST on February 7, 2016 through 11:59 pm EDT on May 31, 2016 (the “Contest Time”).
6. Contest entry is automatic for each qualifying UFO who sells TLS-coded and nutraMetrix TLS-coded products, including all supplements, shakes, kits, and paper goods (“TLS Products”), within the Contest Time. UFOs must collect and submit copies of their Preferred Customer TLS Products sales orders to firstname.lastname@example.org(“Sales Information”). Deadline for submission is June 10, 2016.
The Prize will be awarded to the 21 qualifying UFOs who entered the Contest as described above, complied with all Contest requirements, and earned the most points as set forth below. In the case of a tie, the UFO who properly submitted their complete Sales Information to email@example.com
earlier will be the winner.
The winners will be chosen through a points-based system:
· 1 point will be awarded for each $1 (UFO cost) in Preferred Customer sales of TLS Products.
· 500 points will be awarded for the acquisition of a new, personally sponsored and qualified business partner who is majoring in TLS. (New business partners need to either purchase a TLS Fast Start Kit or register as a qualified UFO with at least 200 BV from TLS products in their start-up order.)
7. There is a limit of one entry per eligible UnFranchise Owner.
8. You must own all right, title, and interest in and to all intellectual property rights associated with your entry.
9. Entries that do not meet all qualifications and eligibility requirements will be disqualified.
10. There will be 21 winners of this contest. The winners will be determined on June 24, 2016. The odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
11. The winners will be contacted via email by June 30, 2016. Don’t forget to check your email on that date to see if you are one of the lucky winners!
12. The winners must respond by 5:00 pm EDT on July 7,2016 to claim the Prize. If a winner does not respond by the deadline, that winner will forfeit their Prize and another winner will be chosen to receive the Prize forfeited by the original winner. The new winner will be chosen based on the criteria as described above.
13. This contest is void where prohibited by law. RULES AND LAWS GOVERNING CONTESTS ARE SET UP BY INDIVIDUAL JURISDICTIONS. YOU MUST RESIDE IN A JURISDICTION IN WHICH PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST IS UNRESTRICTED BY LAW. MARKET AMERICA MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE LEGALITY OF YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST. CONTESTS ARE NOT TO BE USED IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FORM OF GAMBLING OR FOR THE PROMOTION OF GAMBLING.
14. Market America and persons and companies associated with it disclaim all liability for injury or damage to persons and/or property that might result from Contest entry or acceptance of the Prize.
15. Potential winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability and a Publicity Release within ten (10) days of Notice or Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen to receive the Prize forfeited by the original winner. The new winner will be chosen based on the criteria as described above.
16. Potential winners will be required to complete and return an IRS W-9 form within ten (10) days of Notice or Prize will be forfeited and another winner will be chosen to receive the Prize forfeited by the original winner. The new winner will be chosen based on the criteria as described above.
17. By participating, Participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless Company from and against any and all liability or damages associated with this contest or acceptance, use or misuse of any Prize received in this contest.
18. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to use winner’s name, entry, and/or likeness without compensation (except where prohibited by law).
19. Acceptance of the Prize constitutes winner’s grant to Market America of all right, title, and interest in and to all rights (including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights) associated with winner’s entry. Winner shall also execute all documentation required by Market America regarding such ownership rights.
20. Your contest entry indicates your agreement to all contest rules.
7 hours, 54 minutes ago
By Crystal Shelton, Senior Scientific Researcher
Cognition is defined as “the mental faculty or process of acquiring knowledge by the use of reasoning, intuition, or perception.” Maintaining cognitive health is important as it relates to our memory, concentration, attention and learning; things obviously needed throughout our daily lives. Unfortunately, as we age, certain things in our brains tend to change a bit and our cognitive ability can become impaired. Ingredients found in nutritional supplements have shown promise with helping to restore the areas which affect cognitive health, thus improving brain function and overall brain health.
Vinpocetine is an extract derived from the seeds of the common periwinkle (Vinca minor) plant. It appears to have many varied pharmacologic effects, many within the nervous system. Proving to be beneficial for brain function, vinpocetine readily crosses the blood-brain barrier and helps support normal blood flow and optimal cerebral circulation. It is a potent vasodilator and acts directly on vascular smooth muscle, but can also lower blood viscosity and decrease platelet aggregation. It has also been shown to function as an antioxidant and promote glucose and oxygen consumption by the brain. Effects of these various mechanisms include improved concentration, enhanced mental alertness and obvious improvements in attention and memory.
Alpha lipoic acid, also referred to as ALA, is a fatty acid found naturally inside every cell in the body. It is considered very essential and is needed by the body to convert glucose into energy, required for our body’s normal functions. Alpha lipoic acid also works as an antioxidant, helping to neutralize free radicals and prevent oxidative damage. It is unique because it functions in both water and fat, unlike vitamins C and E which are more common. For its role in cognitive health, alpha lipoic acid crosses the blood-brain barrier, passing easily into the brain and protecting it and the nerves from free radical damage. In its functioning as an antioxidant, as well as its capability to recycle other antioxidants (vitamins C & E), alpha lipoic acid helps protect the brain and slow the progression of age-related memory loss.
Huperzine A is derived from the fir moss Huperzia serrata, also known as Chinese club moss. It has been widely studied for its roles in cognitive health, specifically in dementia and Alzheimer’s. Huperzine A helps increase the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which is important for promoting normal learning, memory, cognitive well-being and healthy nerve transmission. By helping maintain normal concentration of acetylcholine, huperzine A shows big promise for cognitive health. It also appears to have some antioxidant capabilities and works to reduce free-radical damage in the brain. Clinical studies have reported significant improvements in memory in aged subjects as well as enhanced cognitive and behavioral function in people with cholinergic dysfunction and/or decreased cerebral blood flow. Huperzine A is highly selective, has a higher oral bioavailability, better penetration of the blood-brain barrier and longer duration of activity than other acetylcholine esterase inhibitors.
There are a variety of issues which can cause problems in the brain such as inadequate blood flow, free-radical damage and depleted levels of neurotransmitters like acetylcholine, thus negatively affecting cognitive health. Fortunately, ingredients such as vinpocetine, alpha lipoic acid and huperzine A have all been proven to provide positive effects in promoting optimal cognitive health. Try these ingredients to help keep your memory in the best shape!
12 hours, 8 minutes ago
By Susan Pasqual, MSN, RN, CNSC, Director of TLS® Weight Loss Solution Field Development and Sales
When it comes to understanding the science behind TLS, it is important to understand some key components. So, let’s start with some basic definitions:
Deficiency of sugar in the blood stream. Hyperglycemia: Excess of sugar in the blood stream.
· Glycemic Index (GI):
(Quality) A system that ranks food on a scale from 1-100 based on their effect on blood-sugar levels.
· Glycemic Load (GL):
(Quantity) A ranking of how much eating a particular food will raise the blood glucose. Leptin: An adipose-derived hormone that plays a role in appetite and hunger.
· Insulin Resistance:
A condition in which cells do not respond to the normal actions of insulin, thus are not able to use it effectively, leading to hyperglycemia.
A hormone produced by the pancreas that raises blood glucose levels. Its effect is the opposite of insulin.
Popular eating habits such as skipping meals, eating sugary, processed foods and cutting calories put the body in constant fat storage mode, which makes us tired. When we eat healthy, nutritious foods, we eliminate those highs and lows, have more energy, feel great and are fat-burning machines!
However, sugar is definitely needed in our bodies. Each cell requires sugar, and our bodies do a great job of regulating it and maintaining balance. Our digestive tract breaks down carbohydrates from food into sugar, which is one of our body’s main sources of energy. The sugar goes straight from the digestive system into the bloodstream after we consume and digest food. After we eat, blood sugar rises and the pancreas releases a hormone called insulin to regulate that sugar in the blood. As that the sugar enters cells and more cells receive glucose, blood sugar levels come down to normal again.
Excess glucose is stored as glycogen in the liver and muscles. It stores it there just in case we need a rush of it for energy. Sugar can only enter cells if there is insulin in the bloodstream. Without any insulin the cells would starve.
Leptin resistance can have a major impact on your weight loss goals. Typically, an overweight person who is leptin resistant requires more food to be full. The leptin hormone is involved with signaling your brain to tell you to stop eating. The more we eat, the higher sugar levels go and more insulin is made. When we overeat, we develop excess fat. The more fat we have, the more leptin resistant we are. The more leptin resistant we are, the hungrier we are. Then the cycle just keeps going.
Insulin resistance can cause problems as well. With excess eating, the cells take in blood sugar when they can’t use it, and the extra sugar will kill the cell — and no insulin can get in the cell. Without insulin, sugar gets backed up in the blood. This is the mechanism behind basic insulin resistance at the cellular level. If these problems continue, blood sugar levels continue to rise, insulin resistance gets worse, leptin resistance gets worse, cholesterol levels go up, blood pressure goes up and triglyceride levels go up. Eventually, this leads to type 2 diabetes.
In healthy people, if the right amount of food for physical activity level is consumed, blood sugar always has room to enter into the cells. Insulin rises and falls in a controlled manner, as does leptin, and the overeating cycle doesn’t happen — which means that you’re satiated and do not have excess sugar or insulin.
There are many benefits of eating a low-glycemic-impact diet and following the TLS Weight Loss Solution program, including superior health and weight management, reducing large fluctuations in blood sugar and many others. Change your lifestyle forever with TLS!
5 days, 7 hours ago
By Mark Lange, PhD
Sleep researchers have found that sleep quality is affected by diet. Twenty-six adults who normally sleep 7-9 hours per night participated in this randomized crossover study. The participants first consumed a controlled diet for 4 days and then ate whatever they wanted on day 5. Low fiber and high saturated fat and sugar intake was associated with lighter, less restorative sleep with more arousals.
The researchers were surprised that a single day of greater fat intake and lower fiber could influence sleep parameters. The study emphasizes that diet and sleep are interwoven in the fabric of a healthy lifestyle. For optimal health it is important to make proper dietary choices to improve sleep and exercise regularly.
Source: St-Onge MP, et al. Fiber and saturated fat are associated with sleep arousals and slow wave sleep. J. Clin. Sleep Med. 2016; 12(1):19-24
6 days, 13 hours ago