Isotonix® Açai Advanced Energy and Antioxidant Formula
- Increases energy
- Provides strong antioxidant protection
- Supports normal cell cycle and cell integrity
- Helps maintain cardiovascular health
- Helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels
- Supports immune functions
- Promotes cognitive health
- Helps improve mental focus
- Helps improve memory
- Promotes healthy blood sugar levels
- Supports weight control
- Promotes prostate health
- Promotes normal regulation of enzymes and hormones
Gluten-Free - The finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
No Detectable GMOs - The finished product contains no detectable genetically-modified organisms
Isotonic-Capable Drinkable Supplements - Easy-to-swallow supplements in liquid form are immediately available to the body for absorption
Quality Standards - GMP Operations and Standardized Ingredients
Checked For: Heavy Metals, Microbiological Contaminants, Allergens, Residual Solvents, Potency, Purity and Identity
Why Choose Isotonix Açai?
Isotonix® Açai is an isotonic-capable dietary supplement, made from a combination of açai berries, guarana, yerba maté, mangosteen, pomegranate, green tea and essential amino acids. The proprietary blend of Isotonix Açai works to increase energy, support immune functions, promote cognitive health and support weight control. The antioxidant properties set Isotonix Açai apart from most energy drinks on the market. Isotonix Açai will help the body stay energized and active while providing a sound antioxidant formula. Containing other antioxidant-laden ingredients like mangosteen and pomegranate, which have high ORAC values, Isotonix Açai is an asset to daily dietary supplementation.
Isotonix Delivery System
Isotonix - the World's Most Advanced Nutraceuticals
Isotonic, which means “same pressure,” bears the same chemical resemblance of the body’s blood, plasma and tears. All fluids in the body have a certain concentration, referred to as osmotic pressure. The body’s common osmotic pressure, which is isotonic, allows a consistent maintenance of body tissues. In order for a substance to be absorbed and used in the body’s metabolism, it must be transported in an isotonic state.
Isotonix® dietary supplements are delivered in an isotonic solution. This means that the body has less work to do in obtaining maximum absorption. The isotonic state of the suspension allows nutrients to pass directly into the small intestine and be rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. With Isotonix products, little nutritive value is lost, making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient while delivering maximum results.
How does Isotonix Açai compare with other energy drinks?
Açai, unlike other energy drinks, provides strong antioxidant protection from various fruits powders and extracts, while also supplying energy promoting vitamins and amino acids.
Since Açai is isotonic, why does it need caffeine? Would it not be more potent if it were more slowly absorbed?
Caffeine is present as a natural component of the ingredients contained in Isotonix Açai. Whether isotonic or not, caffeine provides an extra ‘energy push’ for those who want it. No, this product would not be more potent if it were absorbed more slowly.
Will there ever be a version of Isotonix Açai that is caffeine free?
No. It would not be as effective.
Are there any contraindications for Isotonix Açai?
Yes. If you are currently taking monamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI) or angiotensis converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors, you should not take this product. If you have phenylketonuria (PKU), high blood pressure, thyroid disease/Graves's disease, schizophrenia or bipolar disorder, you should not take this product. Take this supplement separately from prescription medications. If you are taking any other prescription drugs or have an ongoing medical condition, you should consult your physician before using this product. Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use this product. Keep out of reach of children.
Can diabetics take Isotonix Açai?
Yes. Isotonix Açai only contains two grams of sugar per serving. Fructose, the prominent sugar in Açai, scores a 19 on a 100-point scale for Glycemic Index.
Can Isotonix Açai be taken with Isotonix OPC-3®
Yes, Isotonix Açai and Isotonix OPC-3 would compliment each other when taken together.
Can I take Isotonix Açai if I have high blood pressure?
This would depend on which medication a person has been prescribed. For example, angiotensin converting-enzyme (ACE) inhibiting drugs may interact adversely with certain ingredients in Açai. Please see warning please see warning section on the label. If someone is taking any medication, it is always best to check with a physician before starting any herbal nutritional product.
Can I take Isotonix Açai and Awake™ at the same time? Will there be any problems mixing the ingredients?
Both Isotonix Açai and Awake are energy providing products and one or the other should provide for the needs of anyone. Isotonix Açai, unlike Awake, contains caffeine and provides strong antioxidants from various fruit extracts. A person who wishes to avoid caffeine would not want to take Açai. Additionally, though each product varies in formulation, both provide the benefits of energy-promoting vitamins and amino acids. Due to these similarities and the possibility of exceeding healthy nutrient levels, these products should not be taken together.
Can Isotonix Açai be taken with other Isotonix products? If so, which ones?
Yes. Isotonix Açai can safely be taken with other Isotonix products, provided one follows the recommended serving size for each product. Isotonix OPC-3®, Maximum ORAC, Calcium Plus, Multivitamin, Multimineral, etc., can all be taken with Isotonix Açai.*
How should I take Isotonix Açai?
Pour two level capfuls (white screw cap) of the powder into a cup. Add 4 fl. oz. (line on the colored overcap indicates 2 fl. oz.) of water and stir.
Açai Extract: 300mg
The açai berry has been harvested from the depths of the rainforests of Brazil by the people who have been using it for thousands of years. Açai berries contain thiamin (B1), niacin (B2), riboflavin (B3), vitamin E, vitamin C, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, fiber, proteins and fatty acids such as Omega 6 and Omega 9.
L-Phenylalanine: 200 mg
L-Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid. Amino acids are the building blocks of protein. The body cannot produce L-phenylalanine so it must obtain it from diet or supplements. The main dietary sources of L-phenylalanine are high protein foods such as meat, fish, eggs and dairy products.
Pomegranate Extract (40% Ellagiac Acid): 50 mg
The pomegranate is native to the regions from Iran to the Himalayas in northern India. It was cultivated and naturalized over the Mediterranean region since ancient times. It is widely cultivated throughout India and the drier parts of Southeast Asia, Malaya, the East Indies and tropical Africa.
Guarana ExtractØ: 160 mg
Guarana extract is derived from the seeds of the South American guarana shrub (Paullinia cupana), most of which originates in Brazil. Traditional uses of guarana by natives of the Amazon Rainforest include mixing crushed seeds in foods and beverages to promote alertness, mental energy and focus. As a dietary supplement, guarana is an effective energy booster, as it contains about twice the caffeine found in coffee beans (about three to four percent caffeine in guarana seeds compared to one to two percent for coffee beans). Guarana may enhance mental performance. The seeds of guarana are known to be rich in xanthines (caffeine) and have been widely used as a tonic in many South American countries, particularly Brazil.
L-Taurine: 125 mg
L-Taurine is a building block for all the other amino acids. It aids in the transport of potassium, sodium, calcium and magnesium in and out of cells, thus helping to generate nerve impulses. It is a non-protein amino acid and is found in high amounts in the brain, retina, myocardium, skeletal and smooth muscle, platelets and neutrophils. It is plentiful in the fluids of muscle, lungs and nerve tissue.
Mangosteen Powder: 100 mg
The mangosteen is an evergreen tree about 10 to 25 meters tall, grown in tropical climates such as Asia, South America and Polynesia. Mangosteen fruit is often called the “Queen of Fruits” due to its pleasant flavor. The mangosteen fruit is round with slightly flattened ends and is about six to seven centimeters in diameter. It has a smooth, thick, firm rind that is pale green when immature and dark purple or red-purple when ripe.
L-Tyrosine: 100 mg
L-Tyrosine is an amino acid found naturally in our bodies. Tyrosine is metabolized into neurotransmitters such as dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine. Neurotransmitters are important because they carry messages from one nerve cell to another, thereby playing a vital role in our muscular and cognitive function.
Glycine: 100 mg
Glycine is an important amino acid that supports the body’s synthesis of non-essential amino acids. Glycine is one of the few amino acids that can spare glucose for energy by improving glycogen storage. Glycine is useful in the synthesis of DNA and is readily converted into creatine. The body requires glycine for the maintenance of the central nervous system. In men, glycine plays an essential role in maintaining healthy prostate functions.*
Yerba Maté ExtractØ: 45 mg
Yerba maté is an evergreen with white flowers and red fruit, found naturally only in South America. Its medicinal parts are the dried or roasted leaves, which have proven to be a rich source of caffeine. Yerba maté contains xanthines, which are alkaloids in the same family as caffeine, theophylline and theobromine, well-known stimulants also found in coffee and chocolate.
Green Tea‡: 25 mg
Green tea extract has been used medicinally for centuries in India and China. A number of beneficial health effects are related to regular consumption of green tea and dried/powdered extracts of green tea that are available in some dietary supplements. Green tea is prepared by picking, lightly steaming and allowing the leaves to dry. The active components in green tea are a family of polyphenols (catechins) and flavonols, which possess potent antioxidant activity.
‡This extract is decaffeinated.
Vitamin C: 100 mg
Vitamin C, a water-soluble vitamin that acts as an antioxidant, has been proven to be important for the growth and repair of body tissues, support of cardiovascular health, reduced oxidative stress, and good cognitive health and performance.
Niacin (niacinamide): 15 mg NE
Niacin supports the proper functioning of the digestive system, skin and nerves. It works with vitamins B1 and B2 to promote the conversion of food to energy. Niacin is found in dairy products, poultry, fish, lean meats, nuts, eggs, legumes, and enriched breads and cereals.*
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine HCl): 2 mg
Poultry, fish, whole grains and bananas are the main dietary sources of vitamin B6. B6 supports normal protein and amino acid metabolism, and helps maintain proper fluid balance. It also assists in the maintenance of healthy red and white blood cells, which is important for overall health. Vitamin B6 promotes normal hemoglobin synthesis (hemoglobin is the protein portion of red blood cells which carries oxygen throughout the body).
Folate: 83 mcg DFE (50 mcg folic acid)
Folic acid is mainly found in fruits and vegetables. Dark, leafy greens, oranges, orange juice, beans, peas and Brewer’s yeast are the best sources. Folic acid plays a key role by boosting the benefits of B12 supplementation. These two B vitamins join forces and work together to help maintain normal red blood cells.
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin): 3.6 mcg
Vitamin B12 is a bacterial product naturally found in animal products, especially organ meats, such as liver, with small amounts derived from peanuts and fermented soy products, such as miso and tempeh. It is essential that vegetarians consume a vitamin B12 supplement to maintain optimal health.
Pantothenic Acid (d-calcium-pantothenate): 4 mg
Pantothenic acid promotes proper neurotransmitter activity in the brain. Pantothenic acid is also known as the anti-stress vitamin and it promotes the secretion of hormones essential for optimal health.*
Copper (Gluconate): 0.2 mg
The richest sources of dietary copper are derived from organ meats, seafood, nuts, seeds, wheat bran cereal, whole grain products and cocoa products. Copper may have some antioxidant properties and acts as a component of enzymes in iron metabolism. It is an essential trace mineral. Copper promotes normal infant development, red and white blood cell maturation, iron transport, bone strength, cholesterol metabolism, myocardial contractility, glucose metabolism, brain development and immune function.
Zinc (Gluconate): 1 mg
Zinc is largely found in fortified cereals, red meats, eggs, poultry and certain seafood, including oysters. Zinc is a component of multiple enzymes and proteins. It is also involved in the regulation of gene expression. Zinc is an essential trace mineral that has functions in 300 different enzymatic reactions.
Ø Herbal source of caffeine (24 mg/serving)
- Adhami, V., et al. Molecular targets for Green Tea in prostate cancer prevention. Journal of Nutrition. 133(7):2417S-2424S, 2003.
- Ascherio, A., et al. Intake of Potassium, Magnesium, Calcium, and Fiber and Risk of Stroke among US Men. Circulation. 98: 1198 – 1204, 1998.
- Aviram, M., et al. Pomegranate Juice Consumption for 3 Years by Patients with Carotid Artery Stenosis Reduces Common Carotid Intima-media Thickness, Blood Pressure, and LDL Oxidation. Clinical Nutrition. 23: 423-433, 2004.
- Aviram, M., et al. Pomegranate Juice Consumption Reduces Oxidative Stress, Atherogenic Modifications to LDL, and Platelet Aggregation: Studies in Humans and in Atherosclerotic Apolipoprotein E-deficient Mice. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 71(5): 1062-1076, 2000.
- Berube-Parent, S., et al. Effects of Encapsulated Green Tea and Guarana Extracts Containing a Mixture of Epigallocatechin-3-gallate and Caffeine on 24-H Energy Expenditure and Fat Oxidation in Men. British Journal of Nutrition. 94(3): 432-436, 2005.
- Bettuzzi, S., et al. Chemoprevention of Human Prostate Cancer by Oral Administration of Green Tea Catechins in Volunteers with High-grade Prostate Intraepithelial Neoplasia: a Preliminary Report from a One-year Proof-of-Principle Study. Cancer Research. 66(2): 1234-1240, 2006.
- Boozer, C., et al. An Herbal Supplement Containing Ma Huang-Guarana for Weight Loss: a Randomized, Double-blind Trial. International Journal of Obesity. 25(3): 316-324, 2001.
- Bryan, J., et al. Short-Term Folate, Vitamin B-12 or Vitamin B-6 Supplementation Slightly Affects Memory Performance But Not Mood in Women of Various Ages. Journal of Nutrition. 132: 1345-1356, 2002.
- Cao, H., et al. Green Tea Increases Anti-inflammatory Tristetraprolin and Decreases Pro-inflammatory Tumor Necrosis Factor mRNA Levels in Rats. Journal of Inflammation. 4:1, 2007.
- Carr, A., et al. Vitamin C Protects Against and Reverses Specific Hypochlorous Acid- and Chloramine-dependent Modifications of Low-density Lipoprotein. Biochemical Journal. 346: 491–499, 2000.
- Chairungsrilerd, N., et al. Effect of Gamma-mangostin through the Inhibition of 5-Hydroxy-tryptamine2A Receptors in 5-Fluoro-alpha-methyltryptamine-induced Head Twitch Responses of Mice. British Journal of Pharmacology. 123(5): 855-862, 1998.
- De Nigris, F., et al. Beneficial Effects of Pomegranate Juice on Oxidation-Sensitive Genes and Endothelial Nitric Oxide Synthase Activity at Sites of Perturbed Shear Stress. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 102(13): 4896-4901, 2005.
- Del Pozo-Insfran, D., et al. Açai (Euterpe oleracea Mart.) Polyphenolics in Their Glycoside and Aglycone Forms Induce Apoptosis of HL-60 Leukemia Cells. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 54(4):1222-1229, 2006.
- Del Pozo-Insfran, D., et al. Phytochemical Composition and Pigmentation S
- Doshi, S., et al. Folic Acid Improves Endothelial Function in Coronary Artery Disease via Mechanisms Largely Independent of Homocysteine Lowering. Circulation. 105(1): 22-26, 2002.
- Duthie, S., et al. Homocysteine, B vitamin Status, and Cognitive Function in the Elderly. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 75(5):908-913, 2002.
- Ellis, G., et al. Neutrophil Superoxide Anion–generating Capacity, Endothelial Function and Oxidative Stress in Chronic Heart Failure: Effects of Short- and Long-term Vitamin C Therapy. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 36: 1474 – 1482, 2000.
- Ellis, J., et al. Response of Vitamin B-6 Deficiency and the Carpal Tunnel Syndrome to Pyridoxine. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. 79: 7494-7498, 1982.
- Engelhart, M. Dietary Intake of Antioxidants and Risk of Alzheimer Disease. Journal of the American Medical Association. 287:3223-3229, 2002.
- Friso, S., et al. Low Plasma Vitamin B-6 Concentrations and Modulation of Coronary Artery Disease Risk. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 79(6): 992-998, 2004.
- Harada, N., et al. Taurine Alters Respiratory Gas Exchange and Nutrient Metabolism in Type 2 Diabetic Rats. Obesity Research. 12: 1077-1084, 2004.
- Hassimotto, N., et al. Antioxidant Activity of Dietary Fruits, Vegetables, and Commercial Frozen Fruit Pulps. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 53: 2928-2935, 2005.
- Hillstrom, R., et al. Vitamin C Inhibits Lipid Oxidation in Human HDL. Journal of Nutrition. 133: 3047-3051, 2003.
- Ho, C., et al. Garcinone E, a Xanthone Derivative, Has Potent Cytotoxic Effect against Hepatocellular Carcinoma Cell Lines. Planta Medica. 68(11): 975-979, 2002.
- Hornig, B., et al. Vitamin C Improves Endothelial Function of Conduit Arteries in Patients With Chronic Heart Failure. Circulation. 97: 363 – 368, 1998.
- Huang, R., et al. N-Acetylcysteine, Vitamin C and Vitamin E Diminish Homocysteine Thiolactone-Induced Apoptosis in Human Promyeloid HL-60 Cells. Journal of Nutrition. 132: 2151-2156, 2002.
- Huang, T., et al. Pomegranate Flower Improves Cardiac Lipid Metabolism in a Diabetic Rat Model: Role of Lowering Circulating Lipids. British Journal of Pharmacology. 145: 767-774, 2005.
TLS Product Reviews
Displaying reviews 1 - 5 of 18
No longer dependent on Coffee!
I love love love Isotonix Acai Advanced Energy! I don't have to reply on caffeine (coffee or tea) to stay awake. Plus, it helps with better complexion and stronger immunity. Highly recommended!
Happy with the results
Great product. I use this alot with great results.
Response from Customer Service:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on the ACAI Advanced Energy formula. We are happy to hear you are pleased with this product.
Thank you again!
The Product Information Team
Great for sustained energy!
Take this first thing in the morning and you will be energized for the rest of the day.
Isotonix Acai - Good, helpful energy booster
Isontix Acai gets high marks for me, having used product for some time now.
Much needed energy boost - w/o side effects very good.
Daily go to product
I love the Acai Advanced Energy formulation! It is the perfect mid-day pick me up! It has great antioxidants, aminos and a bit of caffiene. Winning combo!!