Prime™ AGE Defense Formula
Single Bottle (30 Servings)
This product qualifies for free or flat-rate cost shipping. Learn More
- Helps to maintain a normal level of Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) in the body
- Supports the body’s normal ability to remove Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs)
- Helps to promote healthy aging
- Promotes healthy metabolism of glucose
- Helps to maintain normal blood glucose levels
- Supports a healthy endocrine system
- Helps maintain a healthy pancreas
- Supports the normal function of the pancreas
- Promotes normal circulation to the extremities
- Promotes healthy, elastic arteries
- Supports healthy collagen and elastin
- Inhibits premature aging of the skin
- Promotes skin elasticity
- Helps support the normal function of enzymes
- Helps support normal DNA and RNA function
- Helps maintain normal cell function
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Gluten-Free - the finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
Vegetarian - Prime AGE Defense Formula is a vegetarian product
Do you want to feel healthy and vibrant as you age? Do you regularly eat grilled, broiled or fried foods? Do you eat a diet rich in processed foods and sweets? Are you a vegetarian? Are you a smoker? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, Prime AGE Defense Formula is for you.*
The typical American diet is full of processed foods and sugars. Unfortunately, the body has not evolved to metabolize all the sugars efficiently. When excess sugar is consumed, it can bond with protein in a process called glycation. The result is the formation of advanced glycation end products (given the clever nickname AGEs). When a protein becomes glycated, the structure of the protein changes. The impact of this change depends on the type of protein that was changed. For example, collagen is a protein that helps maintain the structure of our bones, organs and skin. Having healthy collagen helps to keep our skin, bones and organs healthy and strong. When collagen’s structure changes (from glycation), it can weaken the structure of our skin, bones and organs which may lead to skin wrinkles, brittle bones and organs that don’t operate as efficiently. Many other compounds in the body can be negatively affected by glycation including DNA, RNA and enzymes.*
While AGEs can be produced in the body, they can be consumed from foods, especially proteins cooked at high temperatures (grilled, broiled or fried). They are also prevalent in smoke from cigars, cigarettes and other tobacco products. AGEs can also be formed spontaneously within the body. Vegetarians produce large numbers of AGEs because their diets are often rich in fruits and vegetables which break down into sugar.*
Prime AGE Defense Formula helps maintain a normal level of AGEs in the body and supports the body’s normal ability to remove AGEs. The one-of-a-kind ingredient blend in Prime AGE Defense Formula supports countless areas associated with aging, including the skin, endocrine system, circulation, cell function, arterial health, DNA and RNA.*
Other formulas that claim to address overproduction and overconsumption of AGEs typically use one or two ingredients in their product that only target one or two areas. Prime AGE Defense Formula is formulated with five powerful ingredients that deliver a multifaceted approach to support multiple areas to promote healthy aging.*
Prime AGE Defense Formula delivers both a formula and price far superior to the competition. Put health in your years with Prime AGE Defense Formula.*
Where do AGEs come from?
AGEs are present in foods, especially foods cooked at high temperatures and browned such as foods that are grilled, broiled or fried. Cooking at lower temperatures (poaching, boiling) can reduce the presence of AGEs in foods. Cigarette smoke (as well as smoke from other tobacco products) also produces a vast amount of AGEs. Finally, AGEs can be produced in the body when free glucose binds to protein.
What can I do naturally do reduce my exposure to AGEs?
To reduce your consumption and production of AGEs, minimize intake of browned proteins such as grilled, fried or broiled meats, stop smoking and avoid exposure to cigarette/cigar/pipe smoke.
Are there any drug interactions associated with this product?
If you are currently taking warfarin (Coumadin) or other antiplatelet/anticoagulation mediations, nitroglycerin (Nitrostat) or have a history of estrogen-sensitive cancers, you should not take this product. If you are taking antidiabetic drugs or any other prescription drugs, have diabetes or an ongoing medical condition, you should consult your physician before using this product. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use this product.
How old do you have to be to take this product?
Prime AGE Defense Formula can safely be taken by individuals over the age of 18. Individuals under the age 18 should consult their physician before taking this product.
Who should take this product?*
The following individuals should benefit from Prime AGE Defense Formula: · Smokers · Individuals who consume a diet rich in processed foods, sweets or alcohol · Individuals who eat a diet rich in grilled, broiled or fried foods · Any individual looking to maintain optimal health throughout the aging process
How do you take the product?
Take three tablets each day with the first meal of the day.
Thiamin (as Benfotiamine): 55 mg
Benfotiamine is a synthetic, lipid-soluble derivative of thiamin. Several human clinical trials have demonstrated the superior absorption and bioavailability of benfotiamine compared to water-soluble thiamin salts. Oral benfotiamine is absorbed into the intestinal wall by passive diffusion and rapidly converted into active thiamin; the net result is a greater concentration of thiamin in blood and tissues. In the body, thiamin promotes normal nutrient metabolism and neuromuscular transmission. By supporting normal thiamin pyrophosphate levels, Benfotiamine has been shown to support healthy transketolase activity. Transketolase helps support the normal formation of methylglyoxal, which helps to maintain a normal level of Advanced Glycation End product (AGE) formation (1). Benfotiamine has also been shown to help maintain healthy levels of AGEs (2).*
Chronic hyperglycemia can lead to increased cellular levels of free glucose, and when the body cannot metabolize, or clear glucose efficiently, the excess glucose can bind non-enzymatically to proteins and other molecules, forming AGEs. AGEs can compromise protein structure and function, DNA/RNA structure and function, and can have a negative effect on many aging processes. Human clinical trials have shown benfotiamine supplementation to help promote the normal clearance of AGEs already in the body. Benfotiamine has also been suggested to promote normal glucose levels in retinal and other tissues. Recently, benfotiamine research has demonstrated its effects on supporting normal circulation to the extremities. Dr. Gadau at the National Institute of Biostructures and Biosystems in Italy found that benfotiamine can promote endothelium-dependent vasodilation, support normal oxygenation, and help maintain normal ischemia-induced endothelial and skeletal muscle cell apoptosis oxygen flow through the blood vessels to support overall vascular health.(1, 3).*
Taurine: 1,000 mg
Taurine is a semi-essential sulfuric amino acid found in abundance in the human body. It is considered semi-essential because humans can synthesize up to 80 percent of their total taurine concentration from other sulfur-containing molecules in the body. However, it’s been documented that our natural synthesis of taurine decreases with age, likely due to a decline in biosynthetic enzymes.*
Taurine has various biological functions including antioxidant activity. Supplementing with taurine has been shown to help maintain normal and promote normal aging. Studies suggest taurine promotes normal AGE formation. Other benefits of taurine include supporting heart, vision and brain health as we age.*
American Ginseng Root Extract (5% ginsenosides): 500 mg
Similar to Panax Ginseng, American Ginseng is a perennial in the ivy family rich in triterpene saponins known as ginsenosides. American Ginseng has been used since the 1800s by Native Americans for its numerous health-related and adaptogenic properties. Being an adaptogen, ginseng can help the body maintain proper immune balance under stress and help to combat occasional fatigue. Ginsenosides have been suggested to promote cardiovascular health by supporting normal nitric oxide synthesis and support the immune system by promoting normal natural killer cell activity, B lymphocyte proliferation, and antibody production. A study published in the Journal of Clinical Pharmacology found that just 400 mg of American Ginseng extract can help maintain the plasma concentration of phase 2 detoxification enzyme quinone reductase (4). American ginseng may also promote cognitive health by promoting healthy levels of superoxide and glutathione in neurons.*
More recent research indicates that ginsenosides may help maintain normal blood glucose levels. Several studies have reported that giving patients American ginseng root prior to a meal helped maintain normal blood sugar levels after the meal. Mechanistic studies suggest this result is a combination of promoting the normal activity of the rate-limiting glycolytic enzymes glucokinase that break down sugars and phosphofructokinase in the body and supporint the normal activity of the rate-limiting gluconeogenic enzyme glucose-6-phosphatase enzymes that synthesize sugar(5). There is also some evidence suggesting American ginseng helps maintain normal pancreatic beta-cell insulin production and secretion.*
Cinnamon Bark Extract: 250 mg
Cinnamon bark has a long history of use as a spice and flavoring agent. Ancient literature dates cinnamon usage as early as 2000 BC in Egypt and areas surrounding the Mediterranean. Cinnamon has a wide range of polyphenolic compounds and oils suggested to have beneficial effects in humans. Studies indicate that cinnamon is high in powerful antioxidant properties and can promote digestive health. In a critical review from the Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, investigators determined that cinnamon bark can help maintain fasting blood glucose levels. (6). A recent study in PPAR Research suggests cinnamon helps maintain normal blood glucose levels by helping to maintain normal levels of the transcription of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and its target genes including GLUT4 transporters: this promotes the normal transport of circulating glucose into muscle tissue to be used as energy (7). In vitro studies demonstrated cinnamon can help to maintain a normal level of AGE formation. Although the exact mechanism is unknown, scientists believe the phenolic constituents of cinnamon can help maintain normal AGE production. (8). Maintaining the normal production of AGEs may be a critical factor in supporting healthy aging.*
N-Acetylcysteine: 200 mg
N-Acetylcysteine (NAC) is a derivative of the sulfur-containing amino acid, cysteine. NAC-Acetylcysteine, along with glutamic acid and glycine promotes the normal conversion of cysteine into glutathione. Glutathione is one of the primary cellular antioxidants and has been touted as the body’s ‘master antioxidant.’ Several studies have demonstrated that oral NAC-Acetylcysteine supplementation helps maintain healthy levels of glutathione in the liver, plasma and in the bronchioles of the lungs. In vitro and in vivo studies suggest NAC-Acetylcysteine has other beneficial properties, such as supporting the immune system, detoxifying heavy metals, supporting a healthy heart and reducing exercise fatigue due to reduced levels of oxidative stress. There is a growing body of evidence suggesting NAC-Acetylcysteine can help maintain a healthy glycation process.*
- Beltramo, E., et al. Effects of thiamine and benfotiamine on intracellular glucose metabolism and relevance in the prevention of diabetic complications. Acta Diabetologica. 45(3): 131-141, 2008.
- Berrone, E., et al. Regulation of intracellular glucose and polyol pathway by thiamine and benfotiamine in vascular cells cultured in high glucose. The Journal of Biological Chemistry. 281(14): 9307-9313, 2006.
- Cameron, N., et al. Inhibitors of advanced glycation end product formation and neurovascular dysfunction in experimental diabetes. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences. 1043: 784-792, 2005.
- Dugoua, JJ., et al. From type 2 diabetes to antioxidant activity: a systematic review of the safety and efficacy of common and cassia cinnamon bark. Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology. 85(9): 837-847, 2007.
- Hammes, HP., et al. Benfotiamine blocks three major pathways of hyperglycemic damage and prevents experimental diabetic retinopathy. Nature Medicine. 9(3): 294-299, 2003.
- Head, K. Peripheral neuropathy: pathogenic mechanisms and alternative therapies. Alternative Medicine Review. 11(4): 294-329, 2006.
- Lee, L., et al. Possible differential induction of phase 2 enzyme and antioxidant pathways by American ginseng, Panax quinquefolius. Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 48(5): 599-609, 2008.
- Marchetti, V., et al. Benfotiamine counteracts glucose toxicity effects on endothelial progenitor cell differentiation via Akt/FoxO signaling. Diabetes. 55(8): 2231-2237, 2006.
- Nakayama, M., et al. Suppression of n-(carboxymethyl)lysine generation by the antioxidant n-acetyl cysteine. Peritoneal Dialysis International. 19: 207-210, 1999.
- Nandhini, A., et al. Stimulation of glucose utilization and inhibition of protein glycation and AGE products by taurine. Acta Physiologica Scandinavica. 181(3): 297-303, 2004.
- Nandhini, A., et al. Taurine prevents collagen abnormalities in high fructose-fed rats. Indian Journal of Medical Research. 122(2): 171-177, 2005.
- Nandhini, A., et al. Taurine prevents fructose-diet induced collagen abnormalities in rat skin. Journal of Diabetes and Its Complications. 19(5): 305-311, 2005.
- Peng, X., et al. Cinnamon bark proanthocyanidins as reactive carbonyl scavengers to prevent the formation of advanced glycation end products. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 56(6): 1907-1911, 2008.
- Saraswat, M., et al. Prevention of non-enzymic glycation of proteins by dietary agents: prospects for alleviating diabetic complications. British Journal of Nutrition. 101(11): 1714-1721, 2009.
- Schmid, U., et al. Benfotiamine exhibits direct antioxidant capacity and prevents induction of DNA damage in vitro. Diabetes/Metabolism Research and Reviews. 24(5): 371-377, 2008.
- Shan, B., et al. Antioxidant capacity of 26 spice extracts and characterization of their phenolic constitutes. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. 53(20): 7749-7759, 2005.
- Sheng, X., et al. Improved insulin resistance and lipid metabolism by cinnamon extract through activation of peroxisomes proliferator-activated receptors. PPAR Research. Article ID 581348, 2008.
- Tarallo, S., et al. Effects of high glucose and thiamine on the balance between matrix metalloproteinases and their tissue inhibitors in vascular cells. Acta Diabetologica. 2009.
- Thomas, M., et al. The role of AGEs and AGE inhibitors in diabetic cardiovascular disease. Current Drug Targets. 6(4): 453-474, 2005.
- Vuksan, V., et al. Konjac-mannan and American ginseng: emerging alternative therapies for type 2 diabetes mellitus. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 20(5): 370S-380S, 2001.
- Wang, CZ., et al. Commonly used antioxidant botanicals: active constituents and their potential role in cardiovascular disease. American Journal of Chinese Medicine. 35(4): 543-558, 2007.
- Wu, Z., et al. American ginseng modulates pancreatic beta cell activities. Chinese Medicine. 2(11): 1-5, 2007.
- Yin, J., et al. Traditional Chinese medicine in treatment of metabolic syndrome. Endocrine, Metabolic & Immune Disorders Drug Targets. 8(2): 99-111, 2008.
You May Also Like
Prime™ Ultra Secretagogue - HGH Enhancer - Single Canister (20 Servings)
Isotonix OPC-3® - Single Bottle (90 Servings)
Isotonix® Multivitamin Without Iron - Single Bottle (90 Servings)
Heart Health™ Essential Omega III Fish Oil with Vitamin E - Single Bottle (60 Servings)
TLS Product Reviews
Write A Review
Displaying reviews 1 - 4 of 4
To help reduce oxidative stress so you may protect you nerves, tissue and organs. Fantastic product. I use it.
What I Have Been Searching For!
Even before I heard of Market America, I have been hoping to find an effective formula that helps maintain a normal level of AGEs in the body and supports the body’s normal ability to remove AGEs. Closest I came to was L-Carnosine supplements, but was not able to find a plausible explanation as to how it was going to be absorbed and ACTUALLY REDUCE excess AGEs; While using other quality Market America products, I decided to browse to see what other supplements were available; When Prime Age caught my eyes, I was more than pleasantly surprised!
One of my must take supplements
I can smell the cinnamon as soon as I open the bottle - I like knowing that there are real ingredients in my supplements. I am 59 years old and healthy. I made Market America supplements part of my routine about 17 years ago, and credit this with my health.
Really feel a difference
Tried 3 other brands, but felt it was a waste of money. This one actual makes me feel a difference in my energy and just overall feeling good.