Prime™ Vision Eye Health Formula
- Promotes healthy vision
- Helps support healthy eye tissue and blood flow
- Promotes healthy macular density
- Helps to maintain eye health as you age
- Uses recommended amounts of FloraGlo® lutein and zeaxanthin, as used in the AREDS2 study
Gluten-Free - The finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
Vegan - The product is made without ingredients produced by or derived from animals
Why Choose Prime Vision Eye Health Formula?
The nutrient combination used in Prime Vision Eye Health Formula represents the second generation of the highly recognized and respected AREDS2 study, a multi-year research project dedicated to finding a nutritional solution for maintaining healthy eyes in aging adults. This widely researched and carefully compiled formula contains the same ingredients in identical amounts as those used in the AREDS2 study.*
Prime Vision Eye Health Formula promotes healthy macular density, promotes healthy vision and supports healthy aging of the eyes. Its formulation is based on the most extensive clinical study to date, dedicated to protecting one of the most important assets to health that we have.*
The key ingredient is FloraGLO® lutein, specially patented for its unique purification process and stability. As the most widely used carotenoid for investigative studies and clinical trials relating to vision health, FloraGLO® lutein represents the first choice for retaining and maintaining vision health.*
The nutritional base of this formula consists of two antioxidant vitamins — C and E. Along with the minerals zinc and copper, these nutrients combine to help maintain eye health as you age.*
Bilberry, another powerful antioxidant, provides synergistic support to these vitamins and minerals by promoting vascular strength and healthy circulation. This formula also uses zeaxanthin, a powerful carotenoid that supports the body’s normal ability to form macular pigment.*
Prime Vision Eye Health Formula contains clinically-proven nutrients to help maintain lens transparency and structural integrity of cone cells within the eyes. This formula also helps support the health of the cells of the retina and blood vessels while promoting healthy oxygen and nutrient flow to the eyes, while helping to protect them from oxidative stress.*
Lutein (FloraGLO®) (10 mg)
Lutein is a naturally occurring carotenoid found in many fresh fruits and vegetables. Of the more than 600 carotenoids found in nature, lutein is one of only two carotenoids specifically located in the macula of the eye. It acts as an antioxidant to protect the eye from free radicals and supports macular pigment density. FloraGLO lutein is sourced from marigold flowers and purified from marigold flower oleoresin. It naturally contains zeaxanthin and is the world's leading patented, purified lutein. FloraGLO lutein is used in more clinical trials than any other lutein and has been shown to support eye health and maintain healthy skin. Several studies have confirmed its effects on helping to maintain healthy visual function. Additionally, FloraGLO Lutein is the source of lutein chosen by the investigators of the AREDS2 study, sponsored by the National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health. This ongoing clinical study being conducted in the USA is set to evaluate the efficacy of 10 mg lutein and 2 mg zeaxanthin alone and/or in combination with 1 g omega-3 fatty acids to promote eye health. Another recent study showed that lutein and zeaxanthin promote vision health in healthy young adults.*
Zeaxanthin (2 mg)
Like lutein, zeaxanthin is a naturally occurring carotenoid found in many fresh fruits and vegetables and is one of only two carotenoids concentrated in the eye. Zeaxanthin is the most powerful antioxidant carotenoid found in the retina. As an antioxidant, it serves to protect the eye from free radicals. Much scientific evidence suggests that zeaxanthin is beneficial for eye health and may promote healthy macular density.
Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) (75 mg)
Vitamin C promotes healthy vision and macular density.
Vitamin E (d-Alpha-Tocopheryl Acetate) (33 IU
Vitamin E acts as an antioxidant which helps to protect the eye from reactive oxygen species (ROS). It helps maintain epithelial cell health. The function of the epithalamus, located in the brain’s thalamus, is to pass on nerve signals for the senses and movement. Also, supplementation with antioxidants, such as vitamin C or E, and zinc appears to promote healthy macular density.
Zinc (Lactate) (7 mg)
Zinc plays a key role in the maintenance of healthy vision. It is present in high concentrations in the eye, particularly in the retina and choroid. Supplementation with antioxidants, such as vitamin C or E, and zinc, appears to promote healthy macular density. Zinc, in combination with vitamin A and other nutrients, appears to support normal plasma membranes in the photoreceptors, support the body’s regulation of the light-rhodopsin reaction within the photoreceptor, promote normal modulation of synaptic transmissions, and serves as an antioxidant in both the RPE and retina.
Copper (Gluconate) (100 mcg)
Copper-containing enzymes, such as superoxide dismutase, have been shown to be highly effective in neutralizing oxygen radicals, which promotes eye health. Studies have shown that high levels of superoxide dismutase promote eye health.
Bilberry (Mirtoselect® 36 percent anthocyanosides) (50 mg)
The active components of bilberry, flavonoid anthocyanosides, are powerful antioxidants with a particular affinity for the eye and vascular tissues. Bilberry supplementation supports healthy vision. Bilberry's effectiveness for promoting night vision is contradictory, though some research has suggested that bilberry supplementation promotes healthy night vision. Bilberry acts as an antioxidant. It appears to promote healthy circulation, particularly to the small capillaries that deliver oxygen and nutrients to the eyes.
How does Prime™ Vision Eye Health Formula work?
Thanks to its unique formula utilizing clinically recommended amounts of specific eye health ingredients, Prime Vision Eye Health Formula gives the eye and its supporting structures optimal nutrition to promote healthy vision as you age.*
FloraGLO® Lutein specifically helps maintain healthy macular density, while Optisharp zeaxanthin helps protect the eye from oxidation. The combination of these ingredients — as well as the inclusion of additional nutrients found to promote eye health — allow Prime Vision Eye Health Formula to help support the various functions of the eye as you age.*
How is Prime Vision Eye Health Formula different from Isotonix® Vision Formula?
While Isotonix Vision Formula is designed for the general support and maintenance of normal eye health, Prime Vision Eye Health Formula is intended for those who have specific concerns about retaining their visual acuity through the aging process and may require a more advanced formulation.*
What is unique about FloraGLO® Lutein?
FloraGLO lutein is used in more clinical trials than any other lutein, and has been shown to support eye health and maintain healthy skin. Several studies have confirmed its effects on supporting visual function. Additionally, FloraGLO Lutein is the source of lutein chosen by the investigators of the AREDS2 study, sponsored by the National Eye Institute of the National Institutes of Health.*
What if I am taking a prescription, is Prime Vision Eye Health Formula safe?
As with all dietary supplements, you should contact your health professional before using this product. Do not take this product with antibiotics. If you are allergic to marigold, be advised that the lutein in this product is derived from marigold extract.
What studies have been done to show that the ingredients in Prime Vision Eye Health Formula are effective?
In addition to the recent AREDS2 study touting the benefits of lutein and zeaxanthin for eye health, there are numerous studies which endorse the use of these same nutrients in similar combinations for the purpose of promoting healthy vision. These two powerful carotenoids are well established as an ideal pairing for supporting eye health. According to the results of a government study led in part by researchers at Johns Hopkins Wilmer Eye Institute, daily supplements of antioxidant vitamins and zinc help maintain healthy vision. In October 2001, the National Eye Institute published the results of the original, seven-year Age-Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS). The results of the study showed that a high dose combination of vitamin C, vitamin E and zinc support healthy vision. A nutritional supplement featuring this unique combination could help you maintain a high quality of eyesight into your golden years.
Which other products are best combined with Prime Vision Eye Health Formula?
Prime Vision Eye Health Formula can be effectively combined with any other nutritional supplement related to general health, such as a Isotonix® Multivitamin, Isotonix Maximum ORAC or Isotonix Calcium Plus. In addition, it can be combined with supplements designed around specific needs, such as Heart Health™ Essential Omega III Fish Oil with Vitamin E or Heart Health Advanced Co-Q10.
- Bahrami, H., et al. Lutein supplementation in retinitis pigmentosa: PC-based vision assessment in a randomized double-masked placebo-controlled clinical trial [NCT00029289]. BMC Ophthalmology. 6: 23, 2006.
- Bartlett, H. and Eperjesi, F. Age-related macular degeneration and nutritional supplementation: a review of randomized controlled trials. Ophthalmic & Physiological Optics. 23(5): 383-399, 2003.
- Berendschot, T., et al. Lens aging in relation to nutritional determinants and possible risk factors for age-related cataract. Archives of Ophthalmology. 120(12): 1732-1737, 2002.
- Bone, R, et al. Lutein and zeaxanthin dietary supplements raise macular pigment density and serum concentrations of these carotenoids in humans. Journal of Nutrition. 133(4): 992-998, 2003.
- Bone, R., et al. Lutein and zeaxanthin in the eyes, serum and diet of human subjects. Experimental Eye Research. 71(3): 239-245, 2000.
- Bone, R., et al. Macular pigment response to a supplement containing meso-zeaxanthin, lutein and zeaxanthin. Nutrition & Metabolism. 11: 4-12, 2007.
- Bressler, M., et al. Potential public health impact of Age-Related Eye Disease Study results: AREDS report no. 11. Archives of Ophthalmology. 121(11): 1621-1624, 2003.
- Cangemi, F. TOZAL Study: an open case control study of an oral antioxidant and omega-3 supplement for dry AMD. BMC Ophthalmology. 7: 3, 2007.
- Chasan-Taber, L., et al. A prospective study of carotenoid and vitamin A intakes and risk of cataract extraction in US women. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 70(4): 509-516, 1999.
- Chitchumroonchokchai, C., et al. Xanthophylls and alpha-tocopherol decrease UVB-induced lipid peroxidation and stress signaling in human lens epithelial cells. Journal of Nutrition. 134(12): 3225-3232, 2004.
- Christian, P., et al. Zinc supplementation might potentiate the effect of vitamin A in restoring night vision in pregnant Nepalese women. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 73(6): 1045-51, 2001.
- Congdon, N., et al. Responsiveness of dark-adaptation threshold to vitamin A and beta-carotene supplementation in pregnant and lactating women in Nepal. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 72(4): 1004-1009, 2000.
- Devamanoharan, P., et al. Prevention of lens protein glycation by taurine. Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry. 177(1-2): 245-250, 1997.
- Hammond Jr., B. and Johnson, M. The age-related eye disease study (AREDS). Nutrition Reviews. 60(9): 283-288, 2002.
- Hankinson, S., et al. Nutrient intake and cataract extraction in women: a prospective study. British Medical Journal. 305(6849): 335-339, 1992.
- Kassoff, A., et al. A randomized, placebo-controlled, clinical trial of high-dose supplementation with vitamins C and E, beta carotene, and zinc for age-related macular degeneration and vision loss: AREDS report no. 8. Archives of Ophthalmology. 119(10): 1417-1436, 2001.
- Mares-Perlman, J., et al. Serum antioxidants and age-related macular degeneration in a population-based case-control study. Archives of Ophthalmology. 113(12): 1518-1523, 1995.
- Richer, S., et al. Double-masked, placebo-controlled, randomized trial of lutein and antioxidant supplementation in the intervention of atrophic age-related macular degeneration: the Veterans LAST study (Lutein Antioxidant Supplementation Trial). Optometry. 75(4): 216-230, 2004.
- Taren, D., et al. The night vision threshold test is a better predictor of low serum vitamin A concentration than self-reported night blindness in pregnant urban Nepalese women. Journal of Nutrition. 134(10): 2573-2578, 2004.
- Varma, S., et al. Diabetic cataracts and flavonoids. Science. 195(4274): 205-206, 1977.
- Wondmikun, Y. Dark adaptation pattern of pregnant women as an indicator of functional disturbance at acceptable serum vitamin A levels. European Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 56(5): 462-466, 2002.
TLS Product Reviews
Displaying reviews 1 - 5 of 9
Vision Eye Health
I've been having trouble with my eyes and since I've been taking this product it has helped me quite a bit
Response from Customer Service:
Dear Valued Customer,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts on the Prime Vision Eye Health Formula. We are happy to hear you are pleased with the product.
Thank you again!
The Product Information Team
I have dry eyes that are often irritated and red. Since using this product along with my eye drops , the irritation is little to none! I will continue to use this forever! What a relief !
My doctor has commented that my eyes are exceptionally healthy for my age. By this time most ppl have MD or cataracts. I feel with all my eye related work that this product in the anti-aging line is a healthy support for preserving my healthy but aging eyesight. I won't go a day without it. My eyes deserve the same health support as my body.
by Sarah and DanielT
Helps my tired eyes
I'm on my computer and phone constantly. My eyes can get tired and I am concerned about my eye health. With use of this product, my vision has not changed! This product is part of my daily routine to keep my eyesight the way it is now! I'm glad I was introduced to this product while I still have great eyesight!
Prime Vision - Proof it Works
My husband and I started taking Prime Vision about 3 years ago. At our last eye appointment I asked my doctor to go back three years and let me know if our vision had changed at all. I was expecting it to have stayed the same or gotten worse since we both turned 65 this year. The doctor informed us that our vision has improved every year since starting it. I love having proof that it works! Worth every penny!