TLS® CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor
Single Bottle (60 Servings)
This product qualifies for free or flat-rate cost shipping. Learn More
- Supports leptin sensitivity, which may help to manage hunger and stimulate lipolysis
- May help suppress appetite by promoting a feeling of fullness
- Helps encourage the individual to stop eating by promoting the feeling of fullness
- May help to reduce fat stores in the body
- Promotes reduction in body mass index (BMI)
- Helps promote weight loss
- Inhibits the amylase enzyme and slows the absorption of carbohydrates into the bloodstream
- Helps inhibit carbohydrate absorption in the body
- Helps maintain normal blood sugar levels
- Promotes normal insulin activity
- Helps maintain normal cholesterol levels
Gluten-Free – the finished product contains no detectable gluten (<10ppm gluten)
Vegetarian – TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor is a vegetarian product
Why Choose TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor?
Do you feel like you’re always hungry and never full? Have you tried other products on the market but still struggle with your weight? If so, you may be dealing with leptin sensitivity. Leptin is the hormone that, in essence, tells our brain when to eat, how much to eat and – most importantly – when to stop eating. Leptin is secreted by fat; the more fat, the more leptin. However, the people who could benefit most from leptin’s effects are those who need it most.
While obese people produce much higher levels of leptin than thin and normal-weight individuals, they are somehow resistant to its effects. For example, when serial dieters – those who are continually losing and gaining weight – lose fat through diet and exercise, the brain thinks it is starving and tells the body to hold on to its fat stores. This is when the weight usually roars back. That’s because the body will fight harder against losing fat than it will against gaining fat. That's why most people find it a whole lot easier to get fat than they do to get lean. As someone gains weight, the body tries to maintain the status quo, but the baseline has moved higher. After the body adjusts to a heavier, new status quo, it's hard to slim down again.
TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor was created to deal specifically with the weight management issues related to leptin sensitivity. TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor, one of the few products on the market to deal with this issue, works in three specific ways. First, it may help with appetite suppression with the help of LeptiCore®, a clinically-proven, patent-pending, all-natural ingredient designed specifically to promote healthy weight management.*
Next, TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor inhibits the amount of starchy carbohydrates being absorbed by the body. These carbohydrates can elevate blood sugar levels, increasing insulin. This can cause the body to store additional fat, triggering leptin, causing you to eat and over-consume. Finally, TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor helps to stop the body from converting excess carbohydrates into fat.*
By supporting a normal response to leptin, helping to inhibit the body’s absorption of carbohydrates, you can finally get the support you need to keep off the weight. TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor, in combination with the TLS Weight Loss Solution, will help you lose weight and feel great!*
Chromium (100 mcg/serving; 200 mcg/day)
Dietary chromium is an essential trace mineral assisting in the metabolism and use of carbohydrates and fat. Known as the glucose tolerance factor, chromium promotes the delivery of blood sugar to cells, thereby helping to maintain normal insulin activity. Chromium also helps maintain healthy levels of cholesterol and other blood lipids. Due to the role it plays in metabolism, chromium is commonly added to natural weight loss products.*
Phaseolus Vulgaris (White Kidney Bean Extract) (445 mg/serving; 890 mg/day)
Research has shown that supplementation with white kidney bean extract promoted a greater reduction in body weight, body mass index (BMI) and fat mass. Scientifically known as Phaseolus vulgaris, white kidney bean is classified as an amylase inhibitor. Amylase is an enzyme that breaks down starchy carbohydrates into more easily absorbed sugars such as glucose. As individuals age, the ability to use carbohydrates from the diet slows down, causing increased glucose in the bloodstream, leading to excess storage in the form of fat. Amylase plays a role in the digestion of carbohydrates and, subsequently, in the absorption of unwanted calories.
Supplementation with white kidney bean extract allows certain carbohydrates to pass through the body undigested, stopping them from eventually being converted into fat. This bypass of undigested carbohydrates may reduce and normalize levels of simple sugars (glucose) in the blood.*
LeptiCore® (300 mg/serving; 600 mg/day)
LeptiCore has been clinically proven to help reduce body weight, stored body fat, and waist and hip size. LeptiCore–a proprietary, safe and natural complex of plant-based polysaccharides and esterified fatty acids–has demonstrated the ability to enhance weight loss. LeptiCore targets critical mechanisms involved with body fat storage. LeptiCore supports the normal activity of leptin, a hormone involved with hunger signals. Imagine leptin as a mail messenger. Now imagine the brain as a mail box. In overweight people, there is a lock on the mail box and the mail messenger cannot deliver the mail on any day. LeptiCore is the key that unlocks the mail box, allowing mail to be delivered. With LeptiCore, leptin sensitivity is supported. LeptiCore supports the ability of leptin to enter the brain and signal the stomach that it is full. Supporting leptin sensitivity has the potential to increase satiety, decrease appetite, promote blood sugar balance and increase thermogenesis–a significant component of the metabolic rate.*
GreenSelect® Phytosome® Green Tea Decaffeinated Extract (150 mg/serving; 300 mg/day)
GreenSelect Phytosome is unlike the regular green teas you see on the market today. It is a combination of standardized decaffeinated green tea extract and soy phospholipids (lipids that are composed mainly of fatty acids, a phosphate group, and a simple organic molecule). It is designed to help protect the body from the negative effects of free radicals, and enhance the product’s bioavailability and efficacy.*
Green tea has long been studied for its powerful antioxidant properties. It is also believed to promote a healthy metabolic rate, which helps you burn more calories and achieve weight loss. Scientific research has also demonstrated that standardized green tea extracts promote fat oxidation, or the breakdown of stored fat for energy.*
In considering the TLS® Weight Loss Solution, how important is calorie counting?
The TLS Weight Loss Solution is based on low-glycemic eating and portion control, not calorie counting. Therefore, each person, regardless of size, can follow the system to achieve optimal results. The TLS Weight Loss Solution is based around eating the right kinds of foods to help nourish and fill your body. Counting calories is not a priority when you follow the TLS Weight Loss Solution.*
Are fat free and low fat foods the solution to being overweight?
These foods can definitely play a part in an overall effort to lose weight, but consuming them will not undo a myriad of other dietary downfalls or make up for a lack of physical activity. Successful weight loss and weight maintenance depends on achieving the right mix of diet and physical activity. To lose weight, you need to take in less energy (eat fewer calories) than you expend (or work off) through physical activity. Combining dietary modifications to reduce calories and fat with a consistent physical activity plan is the most effective way to lose weight. Also, focusing on eating a wide variety of lower-GI foods is a great way to appease the senses, as well as gain a greater range of vitamins and nutrients in the diet. When you consume an assortment of foods, eating healthier becomes easier and more gratifying. Fat free and low fat does not always mean low calorie, and these foods are usually not very satisfying.
What are carbohydrates?
Carbohydrates, protein and fat are the body’s three main sources of fuel. All three of these sources contain calories; carbs and proteins supply four calories per gram, and fats supply nine calories per gram. When the body burns a calorie – whether from a carbohydrate, a protein or a fat – energy is released. Carbohydrates, however, have the distinction of being the body’s predominant and most efficient source of energy. What roles do carbohydrates play in the body? Different types of carbohydrates are processed differently by the body and, consequently, have different effects on blood glucose levels. The glycemic index, or GI, ranks carbohydrate-rich foods according to their effect on blood glucose levels. Carbohydrates provide the body with the fuel it needs for physical activity and proper organ function. The best sources of carbohydrates – fruits, vegetables and whole grains – deliver essential vitamins and minerals, fiber and a host of important phytonutrients. The digestive system handles all carbohydrates in much the same way; it breaks them down (or tries to break them down which is the case for fiber) into single sugar molecules, since only single sugar molecules are small enough to cross into the bloodstream. It converts carbohydrates into glucose (also known as blood sugar) because cells are designed to use this as a universal energy source.
The glycemic index measures how fast and how high blood sugar levels rise after consuming foods that contain carbohydrates. White bread, for example, is a high glycemic index food and is converted almost immediately to glucose, causing blood sugar levels to spike rapidly. Brown rice, in contrast, has a low glycemic index and is digested more slowly, causing a steadier and overall lower change in blood sugar levels.
As I lose weight, will the elasticity in my skin adapt to the weight loss?
When you lose weight as body fat, you maintain the muscle, and over time through exercise most people find that their excess skin will adapt to their new body and tighten up. It is important that you exercise to improve your muscle mass and tone, and help target body fat loss as well.
Do I have to exercise to see results?
As with most weight loss supplements, this product was designed to be taken in conjunction with a healthy diet and exercise. This is the best and proven way to lose weight. Exercise and healthy eating are essential for optimal results.
Are reduced-fat foods always low in fat?
These types of food are lower in fat than the original, but that does not necessarily mean they are low fat. To know the facts, read the nutrition label and compare the fat content of two similar products with the same serving size.
How are different carbohydrates metabolized in the body? When a food containing complex carbohydrates – oatmeal, for instance – is eaten, its high fiber content prevents it from quickly leaving the stomach. This results in a feeling of fullness. The food then moves into the small intestine where the two types of complex carbohydrates – starch and fiber – separate from each other. The starch portion slowly makes its way toward the villi, which are the fingerlike projections of the small intestine that absorb nutrients. By this time, the starch has been broken down into glucose and is ready to be transported to the blood. When the glucose enters the blood, your blood sugar level rises. This, in turn, causes the pancreas to secrete insulin, a hormone that allows glucose to be transported to the cells. When glucose enters the cells, some of it is immediately used as fuel, some is stored in the muscles and liver as reserve fuel, and any remaining glucose is transferred into fat. As glucose is distributed throughout the body, blood sugar levels begin to fall.
A very different scenario occurs when a food containing simple carbohydrates is consumed, such as a sugar-sweetened soft drink or a square of fudge. Because foods with simple sugars have little or no fiber to slow their movement through the stomach, it is rapidly transported to the small intestine. Once there, the starch is quickly absorbed into the bloodstream, causing a rapid surge of glucose into the bloodstream and resulting in a spike in your blood sugar level. Soon after, the pancreas, in response to the increase in blood sugar, releases insulin, which immediately begins the task of moving the glucose into cells, resulting in a drop in blood glucose levels. How does TLS® CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor support weight management? In the weight loss game, starchy carbohydrates can really pack on the pounds. Starchy carbohydrates can also trigger leptin resistance. Starchy carbohydrates lead to higher blood sugar levels, increasing insulin causing the body to store fat.
When you work towards your weight loss and healthy lifestyle goals, TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor works as hard as you. TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor contains the active ingredient, white kidney bean extract. White kidney bean extract inhibits the enzymes that normally breakdown starch into glucose within the small intestine. White kidney bean extract uses a calculated approach to affect the utilization of carbohydrates once they enter the body. As a result, the absorption of glucose from carbohydrate-rich foods, such as bread, potatoes, rice and pasta is inhibited. This gives you an advantage by minimizing the effects of surplus carbohydrates that are waiting to be converted into fat within the body.*
TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor contains GreenSelect (Green Tea Extract Phytosome), a caffeine free extract from green tea leaves combined with phosphatidylcoline from soybean. Green tea is known for its ability to inhibit the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. Research has also shown that green tea polyphenols promote a healthy metabolism. GreenSelect, in a recent study, was shown to promote weight loss and reduction in BMI. *
Why is there a soy allergen for this product?
The soy allergen is required because lecithin from soy (non-genetically modified) is used in the creation of the phytosome complex in the GreenSelect® Phytosome®. This ingredient combines an extract from green tea leaves with phosphatidylcholine from soybean to allow for enhanced bioavailability. There is no added soy protein in this product. This is a highly purified phytosome complex and a high food grade material.
Are there any warnings/contraindications associated with this product?
If you are currently using warfarin (Coumadin) or any other antiplatelet/anticoagulant drugs, are using prescription drugs for diabetes or have an ongoing medical condition, consult your healthcare provider before using this product. If you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, monitor blood glucose levels closely when using this product. Wait at least four hours between taking TLS CORE Fat & Carb Inhibitor and any penicillin family antibiotics. Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should not use this product.
Should I not take TLS® CORE if I’m on Coumadin (warfarin) or prescription drugs for diabetes?
The label contains several warnings about the use of CORE, including warnings about using CORE in conjunction with the use of warfarin and prescription diabetes drugs. The warning doesn’t advise people using these prescription drugs not to not take the product, but it does advise them to first consult with their healthcare provider. A specific warning for warfarin is included on the label because catechins (components of green tea) may have anti-platelet activity. Similarly, some of the ingredients in prescription diabetic drugs may lower blood sugar. As always, if you are using prescription drugs or have any type of ongoing medical condition, you should consult your healthcare provider before using CORE, or any other dietary supplement product. For additional warning information for this product, please see the complete product warning indicated above.
- Anderson, R., et al. Chromium supplementation of human subjects: effects on glucose, insulin, and lipid variables. Metabolism. 32(9): 894-899, 1983.
- Anderson, R., et al. Elevated intakes of supplemental chromium improve glucose and insulin variables in individuals with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes. 46(11): 1786-1791, 1997.
- Anderson, R. Effects of chromium on body composition and weight loss. Nutrition Reviews. 56(9): 266-270, 1998.
- Blundell, J., et al. Regulation of appetite: role of leptin in signaling systems for drive and satiety. International Journal of Obesity. 25(Supplement 1): 529-534, 2001.
- Bray, G. and York, D. Clinical review 90: Leptin and clinical medicine: a new piece in the puzzle of obesity. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism. 82(9):2771-6, 1997.
- Cakir, B., et al. Leptin inhibits gastric emptying in rats: role of CCK receptors and vagal afferent fibers. Physiology Research. 56: 315-322, 2007.
- Cefalu, W. and Hu, F. Role of chromium in human health and in diabetes. Diabetes Care. 27: 2741- 2751, 2004.
- Celleno, L., et al. A dietary supplement containing standardized Phaseolus vulgaris extract influences body composition of overweight men and women. International Journal of Medical Sciences. 4(1):45-52, 2007.
- Cohen P., et al. Selective deletion of leptin receptor in neurons leads to obesity. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 108(8):1113-21, 2001.
- Di Pierro, F., et al. GreenSelect® Phytosome as an adjunct to a low-calorie diet for treatment of obesity: a clinical trial. Alternative Medicine Review. 14:154-160, 2009.
- Flegal, K., et al. Prevalence and trends in obesity among US adults, 1999-2008. JAMA. 303(3):235-241, 2010.
- Fox, G. and Sabovic, Z. Chromium picolinate supplementation for diabetes mellitus. The Journal of Family Practice. 46: 83-86, 1998.
- French, S. Effects of dietary fat and carbohydrate on appetite vary depending upon site and structure. British Journal of Nutrition. 93(Supplement 1): S23-S26, 2004.
- Friedman, J. The function of leptin in nutrition, weight, and physiology. Nutrition Reviews. 60(10 Pt 2):S1-14; discussion S68-84, 85-7, 2002. Review.
- Kaats, G., et al. A randomized, double-masked, placebo-controlled study of the effects of chromium picolinate supplementation on body composition: a replication and extension of a previous study. Current Therapeutic Research. 59(6): 379-387, 1998.
- Kuate, D., et al. The use of LeptiCore in reducing fat gain and managing weight loss in patients with metabolic syndrome. Lipids in Health and Disease. 9: 1-7, 2010.
- Lee, N. and Reasner, C. Beneficial effect of chromium supplementation on serum triglyceride levels in NIDDM. Diabetes Care. 17(12): 1449-1452, 1994.
- Martin, J., et al. Chromium picolinate supplementation attenuates body weight gain and increases insulin sensitivity in subjects with type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 29(8): 1826-1832, 2006.
- Obiro, W., et al. The nutraceutical role of Phaseolus vulgaris alpha-amylase inhibitor. British Journal of Nutrition. 100: 1-12, 2008.
- Pittler, M. and Ernst, E. Dietary supplements for body-weight reduction: a systematic review. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 79(4): 529-536, 2004.
- Preuss, H. and Anderson, R. Chromium update: examining recent literature 1997-1998. Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition and Metabolic Care. 1(6): 509-512, 1998.
- Preuss H. Bean amylase inhibitor and other carbohydrate absorption blockers: effects on diabesity and general health. Journal of the American College of Nutrition. 28(3):266-76, 2009.
- Qi, Y., et al. Adiponectin acts in the brain to decrease body weight. Nature Medicine. 10(5):524-9, 2004.
- Rabinovitz, H., et al. Effect of chromium supplementation on blood glucose and lipid levels in type 2 diabetes mellitus elderly patients. International Journal of Vitamin and Nutrition Research. 74(3):178-82, 2004.
- Sinha, M. Evidence of free and bound leptin in human circulation. Studies in lean and obese subjects and during short-term fasting. Journal of Clinical Investigation. 98(6):1277-82, 1996.
- Sparti, A., et al. Effect of diets high or low in unavailable and slowly digestible carbohydrates on the pattern of 24-h substrate oxidation and feeling of hunger in humans. The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 73: 1462-1468, 2000.
- TalYeh, G., et al. Systematic review of herbs and dietary supplements for glycemic control in diabetes. Diabetes Care. 26(4): 1277-1294, 2003.
- Udani J., et al. Blocking carbohydrate absorption and weight loss: a clinical trial using Phase 2 brand proprietary fractionated white bean extract. Alternative Medicine Review. 9(1):63-9, 2004.
- Ud ani, J and Singh B. Blocking carbohydrate absorption and weight loss: a clinical trial using a proprietary fractionated white bean extract. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 13(4):32-7, 2007.
- Venables, M., et al. Green tea extract ingestion, fat oxidation and glucose tolerance in healthy humans. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition. 87:778-84, 2008.
- Wang, M., et al. Fat storage in adipocytes requires inactivation of leptin’s paracrine activity: implications for treatment of human obesity. Proceedings National Academy of Sciences USA. 102(50):18011-6, 2005.
- Zeman, M., et al. Leptin, adiponectin, leptin to adiponectin ratio and insulin resistance in depressive women. Neuro Endocrinology Letters. 30(3):387-95, 2009.
You May Also Like
TLS® Whey Protein Shakes - Vanilla Flavor - Single Box (12 packets)
TLS® Nutrition Shakes - Creamy Vanilla - Canister (14 Servings)
TLS® Nutrition Shakes - Chocolate Delight - Canister (14 Servings)
TLS® Tonalin® CLA (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) - Single Bottle (60 Servings)
TLS Product Reviews
Write A Review
Displaying reviews 1 - 5 of 80
by Cheryl BW
This product is awesome. It help keep me energized to support the burning of fat and starches that I may take in. I take the core usually at lunch and dinner meals.
Really Works on your Carbs
The TLS Core has been great for me. It helps with my cravings and helps with trimming down my waistline. It really works!!
Bye Bye Starch~~
It’s my favorite product. I take 2 every day. Sometimes I take 2 more before eating big dinner. It works to avoid the adsorption of the starch.
CORE FOR WEIGHT LOSS AND WELLNESS
The science behind this supplement is amazing and highlights the fact this is MUCH MORE than just a weight loss product! I can see why CORE is the #1 TLS Supplement to help guarantee success!!
Curbing my cravings and hunger
I love how this products curbs the cravings and reduces hunger for both myself and my clients. I have been recommending this for myself as well as for my clients and am so happy that the ingredients in the product seem to do what they are intended to do.